Explore By Destination
China Japan India
Thailand Malaysia Cambodia
Korea Indonesia Laos
Myanmar Singapore Taiwan
Vietnam Bhutan Nepal
Explore By Vacation Type
City Package
Culinary Tour
Culture and Heritage
Diving Package
Family Tour
Golf Tour
Health & Wellness
River Cruises
Soft Adventure
Visa Application
China Japan India
Thailand Malaysia Cambodia
Korea Indonesia Laos
Myanmar Singapore Taiwan
Vietnam Bhutan Nepal
China Visa Application
Download Visa Application from here: 5263_ChinaVisaApplicationForm.pdf  


1. Do I need a visa to visit China?
Yes, American citizens and citizens of most other countries are required to obtain a visa in advance to visit Mainland China.
(Exceptions: Ordinary passport holders from Singapore, Brunei and Japan can gain access to China without applying for visas for up to 15 days for business, sightseeing, visiting relatives and friends, or transit. They can enter and exit from the ports that are open to foreigners. )

2. Do I need a visa for Hong Kong or Macao?
No, if you are holding US, Canadian or British passport. You do not need a visa if traveling to Hong Kong or Macao, for up to 90 days stay. Any entry into Mainland China, however, requires a visa.
3.How to obtain a China visa?
The Chinese Embassy and Consulates do not accept mail-in applications. Applicants for visas are requested to appear at the Consulate in person, or apply through an authorized visa agency.
4. Can I apply for a visa at the port of entry?
No. American citizens should applied visas before they enter into China.

5. What type of visa should I apply for?
“Tourist" visas are issued specifically for the purpose of travel for pleasure, while a "business" visa generally permits a traveler to engage in normal business-related activities. A letter of invitation is required to apply for business visa.
6. When should I apply for my visa?
Single-entry visas are generally valid for 3 months from the date of issuance. Double -entry visas are generally valid for 6 months. You are suggested to apply for the visa 2-3 weeks before your departure date.
7. How long will the visa process take?
It usually takes 5 – 7 days. Shipping time is not included.
8. I need to be in China within a week. Is express service available?
Yes. For same day pick up, your passport and other necessary documents should reach us before 10AM. Next day and third day services are also available.
9. I am an American citizen. I intend to visit Beijing and then Hong Kong for a short trip. After that I want to go back to Guangzhou. How many entries are suitable for my tour?
American citizens do not need a visa to Hong Kong for a short trip less than 30 days. American citizens should have a valid visa for the mainland China. From U.S. to Beijing is one entry, and from Hong Kong to Guangzhou is another entry. So you should apply for a two-entry visa. If you have applied for a single entry visa, you may apply for another visa at the Consular Department of the Office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Hong Kong.
10. What is Duration of Each Stay after Entry? What should I do if I want to stay in China longer than the duration?
Duration of Each Stay after Entry means the longest period the applicants are permitted to stay in China. Duration of Each Stay is counted from the date of entry. Applicants should apply for an extension of the duration at a local county level Public Security Bureau if he or she stays in China longer than the Duration of Each Stay printed on the visa.
11. Can I apply for renewal of my visa at the Consulate General?
Chinese visas are printed and can not be renewed. Applicants should arrange their journeys before they apply for visas and fill out the application forms completely and truthfully.
12. What documents should I submit when I apply for a visa?
1) One completely and signed Visa Application Form of the P. R. China (Q-1);
2) One most recent 2 x 2 picture.
The photos must meet the following requirements:
  • 2X2 inches          
  • Pale color or white background   
  • Full face, front view         
  • The image size measured from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head (including hair) should be no less than 1 inch and not more than 1-3/8 inches. 
  • The photos must be identical       
  • The photos must have been taken within the last six months          
  • Photographs retouched so that your image is changed are unacceptable   
  • Do not wear a hat or dark glasses unless it is for religious reasons, or if so, please include and explanation           
  • Wear normal day-to-day attire. Do not wear uniforms        
  • If you normally wear a wig, hearing aid or prescription glasses, wear them for the photo   

3) Original passport with at least 2 blank visa pages and valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of application. 
4) An invitation letter if you apply for business visa. 
5) An applicant born in China who is applying for a Chinese visa with his or her new foreign passport is required to submit his or her Chinese passport or last foreign passport.                                    
6) A child of Chinese descent and born in foreign country who applies for a Chinese visa for the first time is required to submit his or her Birth Certificate and foreign passport or foreign permanent resident permit (e.g. Green Card) of one of his or her parents.                                                       
7) Non-US citizens shall provide documents valid for at least 6 months that entitles them to reside for an extended period of time in the US, Such as a Green card, work or study visa (together with their copies). Temporary visitors to the US should apply for a Chinese visa in their own country. For the special case, the visa officer has the rights to make the final decision on whether issuing a visa or not. 
8) U.S citizens may apply for a single, double-entry visa valid for 3 months or a multi-entry tourist visa valid for 12 months. If people apply for a multi-entry tourist visa for 12 months their passports should be valid for at least 18 months.                                                                                    
9) An approval notice from China Tibet Tourism Bureau is required if you intend to travel to the Tibet Autonomous Region.                                                                                                              
10) Other files consuls may request.     
13. I am not a U. S. citizen. Can you still process my application?
Yes, we can still process your visa application as long as you have a valid passport, you are legal resident or you have valid US visa. You will also need to provide the legal status in the US, such as photocopy of US Green Card or valid US visa such as F, H, L , B, etc. You may only be able to apply for a single or double entry visa. Other restriction may apply. Policy may change without notice. Please call 800-717-7752 or Chat with our agent for details.

14. I am a US citizen or permanent resident of the US currently living abroad. Can you still assist me?
Yes. The application process is the same. However, shipping time and cost will vary, please contact our agents for details.

15. How should I send you my passport and other materials?
We highly recommend that you use a traceable courier service to send your passport and valuable documents.

16. When do you begin processing my application?
Application processing begins the day we receive your documents provided the documents are received before 10:00 am. Documents received after 10:00 am will be processed the next business day. Applications received on Saturdays will be sent for processing the following Monday.

17. Does the processing time include shipping time?
No. Shipping or return delivery time should be added to the processing time when determining the total amount of time needed to fulfill your order. Shipping times do not include Saturdays or Sundays unless specified. Deliveries may not be available on some holidays.

18. How do I pay?
Payment for visa process can be included in your total tour package payment or it can be paid separately. Please make check or money order payable to: China Classic Tours & Travel, Inc. We accept all major credit cards. Please download Credit Card Authorization Form and fax the completed form together with copies of both sides of your credit card to: 917-677-4833.

20. Where should I send all my documents to?
You may send your documents to:
Asia Classic Tours
481 8th Ave., Suite 721
New York, NY 10001

21. Will any of the information I submit to you be sold or disclosed to others?
No. Information about you provided to us stays with us. We will not disclose or sell your information to third party for any reason or under any circumstance. Please refer to our privacy policy for more information.

22. What is the cost?
Service Type
Process Time
Time for shipping
Embassy Fee
Service Fee
Shipping Cost
4-5 days
2 Days
2-3 days
1 Day
Express Plus
1 day
1 Day
1. The above shipping charges are for return address within the continental U.S. If your return address is Alaska, Canada, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Island, please add additional $20. Shipping charge is $50 for other international address.
2. For Express Plus Service, passport must reach us before 10:00am.